Friday, January 17, 2014

Blog Post 1 - What About EDM310?

As a sophomore, I am new to classes in the College of Education. I heard that EDM310 requires a lot of time and can be difficult at times. I also heard that if you put time into the class, you will learn a lot and make the grade that you deserve.

My only concern for EDM310 is that I am not very tech savvy. I hope that I will be able to learn at the same pace as my other classmates.

EDM310 is a class where all of the assignments are due online. In majority of the classes that I have taken so far at the University of South Alabama, all assignments were turned in during the class period. This class also requires a lot of independent learning. Both of these facts are things that I am not used to.

I think the most difficult part of EDM310 for me will be the nine hours that are needed to succeed in this class. I have a very busy schedule this semester with work, school, and a sorority, but I know I will make the time to complete my assignments.

The best way for me to address this difficult task will be time management. I plan to use my daily planner to keep up with my assignments for EDM310.

I am wondering what type group projects will be assigned for EDM310. I hope this question is answered in our next class meeting!

Image of a red help button on a keyboard

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah. I hope you don't mind me posting on your blog for C4C #1, since the person I was supposed to comment on hasn't posted his yet. From reading your blog, I think something very helpful to all students attending college is a mandatory class like EDM310, because it could indeed make one tech savvy going into the college level classroom. I know your confidence will build as time passes, as did my own, and you will progress greatly. I agree that it is very hard, but I know you can do it. And don't worry: the rest of us feel just as empty-headed as anyone else, so don't single yourself out because most of us are in the same boat.

    It is great that you mentioned the difference between EDM310 and other classes is that they don't work online as much, which ultimately will be a great tool to have if you decide to take any online classes. Getting use to being an independent learner is something that I am good at because I have attended some pretty tough online schools. I think you will grow to like the concept and find that the more you do the research; the more you will keep locked in your head for later use.

    I can empathize with you about wearing so many hats and then having to put on that tough one that says, "Student." Your attitude is in the right place by stepping up to the challenges and overcoming them, so stay positive like that and you won't go wrong. Trust me when I tell you that not many people will praise you for the sacrifices you will make, but your classmates and instructors will know exactly what sacrifices you will be making. I think that matters most because we all are walking down the same education road and those teaching us have already been there and beyond. Like you stated, it is all about time manage; only we both know there is not nearly enough of it.

    I won't have to comment much about the group projects, since we all spent time in class with our groups and being assigned to one. It seems like a lot of fun and teamwork is a good social skill to build upon. The projects are very interesting and I know our communications skills will be built upon.

    You have a great post and stuck to the plan by truthfully answering the questions. I did notice, however, that some of the requirements for all the blogs are not in yours, so please go back to the "Blog Assignments" document and get more familiar with what is always required. Since these are practice posts, you can experiment a little and realize how much more the blogs have to offer. It's all blowing my mind in a positive way, and I hope it is the same for you. Again, thanks in advance for allowing me to comment on your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The best way for me to address this difficult task will be time management."

    All projects are described in the Projects Instruction Manual. And the first (other than the blog) did start this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, i completely understand how your worried about not getting things done on time, i wrote about this is my blog too for this assignment. There is so much work at one time that it scares me a little! Juggling work, school and a sorority must be tough. Keeping a planner is definitely the best thing you can do to manage your time better, i figured that out the hard way. Now that I am in Tier 1 of the education program and i teach dance three days a week, my life is on a time schedule and I am so glad i have a planner or I would lose my mind. Good Luck with your classes and especially this one.

    ReplyDelete