Saturday, February 8, 2014

C4T #1

I read and commented on Will Deyamport, III blog, Peoplegogy. The first blog post I read was written by Terie Engelbrecht and titled Acer C720P Touchscreen Review. This blog post summarized the authors opinion of the pros and cons of the touch screen computer. Engelbrecht's opinions of the pros were that it is lightweight and easily portable, had a good battery life, and that it was easy to navigate file system structure. Engelbrecht's opinions of the cons were that it has abrupt shut-downs, no downloading/installing software, the offline access is limited, and there are limited screencasting options. Overall, the author loves her new Acer C720P Chromebook. She describes it as "an iPad that comes with an attached keyboard."

I commented on Engelbrecht's blog post, Acer C720P Touchscreen Review. In my comment, I introduced myself and wrote a little bit about EDM310. Because Engelbrecht is a Google lover, I wrote about how most of our EDM310 assignments use Google in some way. I also included that the touch screen Acer C720P Chromebook sounds like an overall good laptop for students because it is lightweight and easy to use.

The second blog post that I commented on was titled Chromebook: My Take , by Dr. Will. This post was similar to Engelbrecht's post writing about the pros of the Chromebook laptop. Dr. Will also included the benefits of the Chromebook in regards to using the lap top in schools. Dr. Will discussed affordability as one of the many benefits of the laptop.

In my comment to Dr. Will's blog post, I introduced myself and wrote about EDM 310. I wrote that because I am a future teacher, the Chromebook sounds like a good laptop for me to consider purchasing. I also wrote that school systems should consider these laptops as well.

Image of Acer C720P laptop

No comments:

Post a Comment