Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blog Assignment #8

Technology evolves and is integrated into society on a daily basis. Education is an area that is influenced by this change greatly. In the 21st century, many new learning and communicating tools have been created. As a future elementary school teacher these tools will be very useful in the classroom.

Khan Academy is a learning tool that students can use for multiple subjects. These subjects include math, science, humanities, and economics. Khan Academy's motto is "a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere." As a future elementary teacher, I would use Khan Academy for math help for my students. I have experience using this website during my senior year of high school for math help. Khan Academy helped me because it gave me step by step instructions for individual math problems. This website has these same step by step instructions beginning with 3rd grade math. This will benefit my elementary students when they do homework because I will not be there to assist them.

Khan Academy also has an app for the iPhone. Parents could use this app if they were doing homework on the go, or did not have access to a computer. The website is also beneficial because it is completely free and forever will be. I encourage all elementary, math, science, humantities, or economics teachers to check out Khan Academy!

Image oh Khan Academy logo

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a cool tool. I love that it has an app so that it can be accessed anywhere, good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khan Academy sounds like an excellent website. I would put this website in my course syllabus as a reference to use. Sometimes when students try to do math homework at home, they often forget steps. This website would be perfect for them since it shows step by step instructions. Good job on your post and thanks for introducing me to a new website.

    ReplyDelete