Friday, April 4, 2014

C4K Summary for March

For my first C4K in March I commented on Arthur’s blog. Arthur is a student in Mrs. Jenny She’s second grade class at the Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand. Mrs. She has a class blog for her students called Little Voices, Little Scholars. Before commenting on Arthur’s blog post, I watched a video about his class, Room 7. The video Room 7 Really Rocks! shows all the values that the students have learning including using their manners, following the rules, and doing their homework. I also viewed the Literacy Cycle from Mrs. She’s class blog. This literacy cycle describes the process of eLearning merging with the teaching of English. I commented on Arthur's blog post Arthur's Weekend Story by saying that I loved the story about his weekend trip to the beach and that I love going to the beach and playing in the sand as well. I also complimented him on his artwork for his story.

Image of Arthur's drawing for his blog post.


For my second C4K for March, I commented on Sione’s blog. Sione is a student in Mr. Banks and Mrs. Nua’s class at the PT England School in Auckland, New Zealand. He has been blogging since year 4 and he is now in year 7/8. I commented on his blog post Sione's Empathy Movie. This post was a Vimeo video by Sione created using pictures he drew his self with audio narration. The video what about Sione cheering up one of his friends so that they could go back to class and complete their math work and rotations. I commented on his blog post saying that I enjoyed his video because it was creative using pictures he created himself. I also suggested that he record his narration in a quiet room so that there is no background noise and therefore easier for the viewer to understand.

Image of students who attend the PT England School.

No comments:

Post a Comment